Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Twinkle No More

In the distance, I hope to see you approaching me. With that same smile, and beautiful eyes that I am used to seeing. But when I look up, there is nothing there, but emptiness. 
I lay in this field of stars, gazing up at my, wondering about my destiny. About our destiny. They twinkle in the distance, and it reminds me of the twinkle i feel in my heart. The way I feel when I look at you. I mean the way I used to feel.
I used to think that we would have forever, that our love would never die. However I was wrong. Forever fell down into a sink hole at the end of existence. Forever died like the trees do in winter.
Your touch use to warm my body, but now, it leaves a cold tinge. I never thought that I'd see the day that when I look in your eyes, all i would feel is pain. Your eyes used to gaze
 right into my soul, but now when I look at you I just see her there.
Tell me you love me, and say it like you mean it. But your eyes just dodge mine. I tell you to hold me, just like you used to. But your arms feel like dead weights. I tell you to kiss me, just like it used to be. But I can taste her and your lies on my lips.
I needed you, and you left me. For the arms of someone else. I felt the world close in on me, as if someone had locked me in a small closet and locked the door. No air, no food, no light, absolutely no sense of space. Its like when you kiss me, my breath gets caught in my throat. It feels like i need to throw up, all the deceit and hurt.
The stars used to remind me of you, your eyes, the way you made me feel. But now when I look at them I feel nothing. We were strong, and I will always love you, just like the trees love the sun. But you and I can no longer live through the lies. You chose her, and I hope you'll always be happy with her. I just need to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment